- Aegon TargaryenAfter the Valyrian Freehold fell, Lord Aegon Targaryen set his eyes on a new continent, Westeros, ruled by the Andals and the First Men.
- Aeron GreyjoyAfter becoming a priest, Aeron Greyjoy leaves the politics of the Iron Islands and focuses on serving the Drowned God.
- Aerys II TargaryenIn the latter years of his reign, King Aerys II Targaryen's cruelty advanced as he tormented his pregnant wife, Queen Rhaella Targaryen.
- Age of HeroesFrom House Stark to House Lannister and many other houses, the Age of Heroes was a critical time that marked the rise and fall of many kingdoms.
- Alerie TyrellAfter the Tyrells save King's Landing, Alerie Tyrell and Olenna Tyrell travel to King's Landing for the wedding of Joffrey and Margaery.
- Alliser ThorneSer Alliser Thorne is the master-at-arms of Castle Black and a former knight of House Thorne. He comes from House Thorne, a noble house from the Crownlands. Coming from a family sworn to the Targaryens, he fought on the side of House Targaryen during Robert's Rebellion.
- Alys KarstarkAs a beautiful girl, Alys Karstark got tasked by her father to sway Robb towards wanting her when she initially visited Winterfell.
- AndalsThe Andals are one of the primary cultural groups of humans in Westeros. They originated from Essos and migrated across the Narrow Sea.
- ArakhAn Arakh is a traditional fighting weapon used by the Dothraki in Essos. As a half sword and half scythe, it gets used by riders on horseback.
- Areo HotahAreo Hotah is a calm yet deviously calculating man who judges his opponent by how they act and react to the world.
- Arianne MartellArianne Martell is the eldest daughter of Prince Doran Martell, the ruling prince of Dorne, and Lady Mellario of the Free City of Norvos.
- Arya StarkFrom becoming a boy to joining a league of assassins, Arya Stark's journeys made her grow to become a cunning, brutal, and relentless girl.
- Arys OakheartSer Arys Oakheart is a POV character in 'A Feast for Crows.' He is a sworn brother of the Kingsguard.
- AstaporAstapor is an ancient independent city-state known for slavery. The Red City was founded before the Valyrian Freehold and outlived two empires.
- Azor AhaiAzor Ahai was a legendary hero who wielded Lightbringer according to stories from the followers of R'hllor, the Lord of Light, and Asshai.
- Balon GreyjoyAs an ironborn prodigy, Balon Greyjoybecame the captain of his ship at 17. However, his cruelty and bitterness cost him everything.
- Barristan SelmyBarristan Selmy was one of the strongest soldiers in Westeros. He was deemed by many to be the greatest knight alive.
- Benjen StarkBenjen Stark's skills and fierceness made him a thorn in the wildlings' flesh. Mance Rayder travels to Winterfell to study him.
- BiterBiter acts beast-like because of his training from Rorge in Flea Bottom, the most desolate place in King's Landing.
- BloodriderA bloodrider is the sworn protector of a Khal. He is called 'blood of my blood' by the leader of a Khalasar and defends him till death.
- Bloody MummersAt the height of the War of the Five Kings, the Bloody Mummers entered Westeros. However as the war heightened, they switched from the Lannisters to the North.
- BraavosBraavos is the wealthiest and most powerful of the Free Cities of Essos, as it houses institutions like the Iron Bank and Faceless Men.
- Bran StarkBran Stark was born at Winterfell with the help of Maester Luwin as the second to the last child of the Lord of Winterfell, Eddard Stark.
- Brienne of TarthThough Brienne of Tarth's father tried betrothing her to many men, all the proposals got canceled as she was too weird and dangerous.
- BronnBefore becoming Ser Bronn of the Blackwater, Bronn met Tyrion at the Inn of the Crossroads. He then built a relationship that got him knighted.
- Brynden TullyBrynden Tully was a beloved knight who fought for his family's honor. However, he fled Riverrun after the events following the Red Wedding.
- Casterly RockCasterly Rock is the seat of House Lannister. It has a deep history dating to the era of the Children, the First Men, and the Andals.
- Castle BlackCastle Black is one of the three out of nineteen castles used by the Watch, the remaining two being Eastwatch-by-the-Sea and the Shadow Tower.
- Catelyn StarkCatelyn Stark was the Lady of Winterfell and the wife of Eddard Stark, Warden of the North, under King Robert Baratheon's reign.
- Cersei LannisterAs the oldest child of Tywin Lannister, Cersei Lannister became King Robert Baratheon's wife after he defeated King Aerys II Targaryen.
- ChettChett was a steward of the Night's Watch. Before taking the black, he was the son of a leechman in the Riverlands.
- Children of the ForestThe Children of the Forest are a non-human race who were the original inhabitants of Westeros before the arrival of the First Men.
- ColdhandsColdhands is a mysterious unknown figure from beyond the Wall. Though his real name is not known, he was nicknamed Coldhands by Sam.
- Daario NaharisDaario Naharis is a Tyroshi sellsword that wins the Stormcrows for Daenerys Targaryen. He becomes one of her closest advisers.
- Dagmer CleftjawDagmer Cleftjaw is a minor character in A Song of Ice and Fire novels whose role is crucial in the events in the North.
- Davos SeaworthSer Davos Seaworth is a former smuggler. Because of his contribution to Robert's Rebellion, he became one of Stannis's most trusted men.
- Doran MartellIn Game of Thrones, Prince Doran Nymeros Martell, or Doran Martell, is the Prince of Dorne, head of House Martell, and Lord of Sunspear.
- DoreahFound in a pleasure house at nine, Doreah became a crucial influence on young Daenerys.
- DorneDorne is a constituent region that makes up the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros. It is a peninsula in the southernmost part of the continent.
- DothrakiThe Dothraki got feared throughout Essos. Their reputation for brutality made the leaders of the cities in Essos treat them with extra caution.
- Dothraki SeaThe Dothraki Sea got inhabited by different Khalasars fighting each other for dominance. When a Khalasar got destroyed, the people got sold into slavery.
- DragonsDragons are terrifying creatures that can spew fire from their mouths. They once thrived during the era of the Valyrian Freehold Empire.
- DragonstoneIn Game of Thrones, Dragonstone is a unique castle in existence. It features architectural wonders impossible to replicate.
- Eddard StarkEddard Stark believed in honor. Though in a cruel world, he remained a man of great character; this led to his death.
- Edmure TullyEdmure Tully's actions greatly influenced the War of the Five Kings and indirectly led to Robb Stark's defeat.
- Euron GreyjoyEuron Greyjoy, in the epic fantasy series Game of Thrones, is the oldest of the younger brothers of Lord Balon Grejoy and is a member of House Greyjoy.
- Faceless MenThe Faceless Men are a cult of religious assassins in the Free City of Braavos who serve the Many-Faced God in the House of Black and White.
- Faith MilitantThe Faith Militant is the military order of the Faith of the Seven. It got disbanded after a massive rebellion against the Iron Throne.
- Faith of the SevenThe Faith of the Seven is the predominant religion in Westeros. It got practiced in the Seven Kingdoms except for the North and Iron Islands.
- First MenThe First Men were the primordial humans to enter Westeros. They journeyed from Essos and used a land bridge called the Arm of Dorne to enter the western continent.
- The Free City of LysThe Free City of Lys values trade over anything. As a mercantile state, its rulers are magisters from the wealthiest families.
- Free City of TyroshThe Free City of Tyrosh got founded as a Valyrian military outpost. It quickly grew to become a wealthy city after a rare snail got discovered.
- GaredGared is an experienced ranger of the Watch. He served in Castle Black for about 40 years and was one of the best men Lord Mormont knew.
- Gendry BaratheonAs one of Robert's bastards, Gendry Baratheon became a target as Cersei Lannister hunted him and his unknown half-siblings.
- Ghost DirewolfGhost helps Jon, and his master sees through him in wolf dreams. Though he and Jon split ways, they get reunited.
- Gregor CleganeGregor Clegane was a knight of Clegane's Keep and one of the most feared people in the Seven Kingdoms. He got called Tywin Lannister's mad dog.
- GrennGrenn is a ranger of the Night's Watch, a friend to Jon Snow, Sam, and Pyp. He rises to become one of the best fighters at Castle Black.
- GreyscaleGreyscale, known as Prince Garin's Curse, is a disease that generally affects children. It causes the skin to have cracks and a stone-like feel.
- Hand of the KingThe Hand of the King is the highest appointed position in Westeros. As the king's closest adviser, he possesses power only rivaled by the king.
- HarrenhalHarrenhal holds the title of the largest castle in the seven kingdoms. Its sheer size made it a wonder of Westeros until its destruction.
- Harys SwyftHarys Swyft fought for the Lannisters in the Battle of the Green Fork and after Lord Roose Bolton got defeated, he traveled to Harrenhal with Lord Tywin.
- Hedge KnightEven though there are at the bottom of the knight hierarchy, there have been exceptions where Hedge Knights became great warriors.
- High ValyrianAs the language of the old Valyrian Freehold, High Valyrian got used by the dragonlords to control their dragons and cast spells.
- Hizdahr zo LoraqHizdahr zo Loraq, Fourteenth of That Noble Name, is a noble of Ghsicari descent living in Meereen. He is one of the city's wealthiest.
- HodorHodor is a stableboy serving House Stark at Winterfell. He is a giant with little intellectual capabilities.
- House BaratheonHouse Baratheon of Storm's End is a great house of Westeros. It rules the Stormlands with the title Lord Paramount of the Stormlands.
- House FreyHouse Frey is a noble house in Westeros. With its seat of power at the Twins, it becomes crucial in Robb Stark's cause against the Lannisters.
- House GreyjoyHouse Greyjoy is one of the great houses in Westeros. With its seat on the Island of Pyke, it has rivaled many houses for power over centuries.
- House LannisterHouse Lannister is one the great houses of Westeros and rules the Westerlands as the Lords Paramount and the Wardens of the West
- House MartellWith the term Nymeros coming from their Rhoynish descent, House Martell has a culture not revolving around the conscripts of gender roles.
- House of Black and WhiteThe House of Black and White is a sanctuary in Braavos. It sits on a hill made from dark-greyish stone and has no windows.
- House StarkFrom great names like Brandon the Builder to the Night King, House Stark has a rich history that dives deep into the northern culture of Westeros.
- House TargaryenHouse Targaryen was among the forty dragonlords that ruled the Valyrian Freehold. They were among the smaller noble house of the empire.
- House TullyAfter Rhaegar kidnapped Lyanna Stark, Robert incited a rebellion, and with help from House Tully, he marched against King Aerys II Targaryen.
- House TyrellHouse Tyrell is one of the Great Houses in the Seven Kingdoms, and its leader, the Lord of Highgarden, serves as the Warden of the South.
- House VelaryonHouse Velaryon is an ancient house in the Crownlands that traces its origins back to the Valyrian Freehold.
- Hyle HuntHyle Hunt joins Brienne Tarth after she arrives at Maidenpool and travels with her across the Seven Kingdoms searching for Sansa.
- Illyrio MopatisOnce a poor bravo, Illyrio Mopatis rose to become one of the wealthiest people in Pentos. Learn more about his story.
- Ilyn PayneSer Ilyn Payne is a member of House Payne, the King's Justice, and royal executioner. He is Podrick Payne's cousin.
- Iron IslandsThe Iron Islands is a region ruled by House Greyjoy at Pyke. With Aegon I's ascension to the Iron Throne, the Greyjoys got reduced to lords.
- Iron Throne The Iron Throne symbolizes the pinnacle of Westeros's politics. It is where the King holds audiences, dispenses justice, and delivers decrees.
- IrriIrri Daenerys's handmaiden. After Khal Drogo killed her father, she became a servant of the Khaleesi and served with Jhiqui and Doreah.
- Jaime LannisterSer Jaime Lannister is a knight of House Lannister and is the second-born child of Lord Tywin Lannister and Lady Joanna Lannister.
- Janos SlyntJanos Slynt was the former Commander of the City Watch of King's Landing. He rose to power during the time of King Joffrey I Baratheon.
- Jaqen H'gharJaqen H'ghar is a Lorathi sellsword taken by Yoren to join the Night's Watch. It gets revealed that he is a messenger of death, a Faceless Man.
- Jason MallisterLord Jason Mallister has a son and heir named Patrek and is one of the finest tourney knights in the Seven Kingdoms.
- Jeyne PooleJeyne Poole is Vayon Poole's daughter, Winterfell's steward, and the friend of Sansa Stark.
- Jeyne WesterlingJeyne Westerling is the eldest daughter of Lord Gawen Westerling and Lady Sybell Spicer.
- JhiquiAfter Khal Drogo falls sick and succumbs to his injuries, Jhiqui follows her Khaleesi, Daenerys, across the Red Waste.
- Joffrey BaratheonIn Game of Thrones, Joffrey Baratheon was heir to the Iron Throne, but his claim waned as the Seven Kingdoms plunged into chaos.
- Jojen ReedJojen Reed is a young boy from House Reed. He was born in Greywater Watch and is the son of Lord Howland Reed.
- Jon ConningtonJon Connington: A knight from a time past, a lord who fell, but began a journey to redemption. Learn more about the Lord of Griffin's Roost.
- Jorah MormontJorah: an exiled knight running from his past, seeking solace in a continent far from home. Learn more about Jorah Mormont.
- Jory CasselJory Cassel is the Captain of the Guards for House Stark of Winterfell and the nephew of Ser Rodrik Cassel, the master-at-arms of Winterfell.
- Kevan LannisterSer Kevan Lannister is a House Lannister knight and is Lord Tywin Lannister's younger brother, the Lord of Casterly Rock.
- Khal DrogoKhal Drogo: A brutal warlord feared throughout the Dothraki Sea, destroying everything in his wake for the sake of a child and a queen.
- King's LandingKing's Landing is the second largest city in Westeros. Having housed the government since Aegon I Targaryen, it is a massive trade hub.
- KingsmootAfter Balon Greyjoy mysteriously dies, the first kingsmoot in centuries gets held after Aeron Damphair calls the longship captains to order.
- Knight of the Laughing TreeWhen a crannogman got bullied at the tourney at Harrenhal, a mysterious knight called the Knight of the Laughing Tree fought for his honor.
- Kraznys mo NaklozKraznys mo Nakloz is a slaver in Astapor. He is one of the top traders in the city and exclusively deals with selling the Unsullied, an elite soldier squad.
- LightbringerMelisandre of Asshai reaches Dragonstone, believing the Azor Ahai and Lightbringer will be present there because of the prophecies.
- Loras TyrellSer Loras Tyrell is a highly skilled knight from House Tyrell. He and Lord Renly Baratheon plot to replace Queen Cersei Lannister for Margaery.
- Maester CressenMaester Cressen is a maester serving Stannis Baratheon at Dragonstone. He deeply cared for Stannis and lost his life trying to protect him.
- Maester LuwinMaester Luwin is a maester of the Citadel in service of House Stark of Winterfell. He was crucial in the events in the North.
- Maester PycelleThough one of the wisest maesters in the seven kingdoms, Grand Maester Pycelle, destroyed himself by playing the game of thrones.
- Maggy the FrogMaggy the Frog was a woman from Lannisport who was a fortune teller. She was an expert in curses and love portions.
- Mance RayderMance Rayder is the King of the wildlings and lives beyond the Wall. Formerly a man of the Night's Watch, he abandons his vows and travels beyond Castle Black to unite the various tribes of wildlings scattered up North.
- Margaery TyrellMargaery Tyrell is Ser Loras Tyrell's younger sister and Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. She married King Renly Baratheon and Joffrey Baratheon.
- MarillionMarillion is a prickly man with a whiff of an arrogant personality. He is charming, with a beautiful voice that resonates with what he sings.
- Master of CoinBesides advising the king on budget allocation, the master of coin is responsible for providing money for funding the government.
- Meera ReedMeera Reed is a member of House Reed and is the daughter of Howland Reed. She is Jojen Reed's older sister.
- MelisandreAfter leaving the temple of the Lord of Light, Melisandre traveled to Dragonstone in Westeros, where she influenced Selyse Florent, Stannis Baratheon's wife.
- Mirri Maz DuurMirri Maz Duur later encountered Khal Drogo's Khalasar and sought revenge against him. She succeeded but burned.
- MissandeiMissandei was born on the Island of Naath, also called the Isle of Butterflies. She and her brothers got captured and became slaves.
- Mya StoneMya Stone is the bastard child of King Robert Baratheon. She served House Royce of the Gates of the Moon and realized the world was cruel.
- MycahIn Game of Thrones, Mycah smelled foul and irritated Sansa Stark. He befriended Arya but got into an accident with Prince Joffrey Baratheon.
- Myrcella BaratheonMyrcella Baratheon is legally Robert's only daughter and the sister to Prince Tommen Baratheon and Joffrey Baratheon.
- Night's WatchThe Night's Watch is an order of soldiers dedicated to watching the Wall separating the realms of men from the creatures beyond the Wall.
- NymeriaNymeria is among the pups found by Jon Snow, Robb Stark, and Bran Stark. She got named after Dornish Princess Nymeria of the Rhoynar.
- OathkeeperFrom House Stark's Ice, Tobho creates two swords. Tywin gives one to King Joffrey Baratheon, and the other, Oathkeeper, to Jaime Lannister.
- Obara SandWith an angry demeanor and man-like strength, Obara Sand deems herself a warrior and shatters the norms of Dorne. Learn more about her.
- Oberyn MartellOberyn Martell is the younger brother of Doran Martell, the Prince of Dorne. He is a beloved Prince in Sunspear and a master of deadly poisons.
- Olenna TyrellOlenna Tyrell was Lord Luthor Tyrell's wife before he died. She plays a vital role in King Joffrey Baratheon's reign and plots his murder.
- OshaOsha becomes a crucial character that helps Bran and Rickon escape from Winterfell after its fall into Theon Greyjoy's hand.
- PateBeing only a novice of the Citadel, Pate got tasked with caring for Archmaester Walgrave who sometimes thought he was Cressen.
- Penny the DwarfAfter Oppo's death, Penny the Dwarf returns to Essos, where she meets Ser Jorah Mormont and Tyrion Lannister.
- PentosPentos is one of the nine Free Cities of Essos. It is a populous port city that deals in trade and commerce of products across the Narrow Sea.
- Petyr BaelishAs one of the most intelligent people in Westeros, Petyr Baelish creates the rift between the Starks and Lannisters, causing the War of the Five Kings.
- Podrick PayneAfter the Battle of Blackwater, Podrick Payne remained loyal to his master, Tyrion, who got injured during the conflict.
- PyparPypar, popularly called Pyp, is a brother of the Night's Watch who comes into the order with Jon Snow, Samwell Tarly, and Grenn.
- QarthQarth is an ancient port city on the southern coast of Essos. It got called the Queen of Cities, a self-proclaimed title it shared with Yunkai.
- Qhorin Halfhand: The Valiant SoldierQhorin Halfhand is a brother of the Night's Watch and a crucial character in the events on the Wall in A Song of Ice and Fire.
- QyburnQyburn was a maester of the Citadel who got stripped of his title after indulging in unethical experiments involving tearing apart the living.
- Ramsay BoltonRamsay Bolton was born to Lord Roose Bolton and a miller's wife. After raping a newlywed woman, Lord Roose killed her husband.
- Randyll TarlyLord Randyll Tarly is a mighty commander whose battle intellect made him an asset to the Iron Throne. Learn more about his deeds.
- Renly BaratheonRenly Baratheon is King Robert I Baratheon's younger brother. He amasses a mighty army when his brother dies.
- Rhaegar TargaryenPrince Rhaegar Targaryen was the Prince of Dragonstone and the heir-apparent to the Iron throne in King's Landing before Robert's Rebellion.
- R'hllorWith many temples spread across Essos, R'hllor has one of the most robust networks of worshipers. His priests serve through the red temples of Essos.
- Rickard KarstarkIn Game of Thrones, Lord Rickard Karstark is the Lord of Karhold and head of House Karstark, a cadet branch of House Stark.
- Rickon StarkWhen Eddard becomes the new Hand of the King, he leaves Winterfell with Arya Stark and Sansa Stark, to Rickon Stark's dismay.
- RiverrunRiverrun governs the most fertile region in Westeros. It imposed taxes on subordinate houses making it gain immense wealth.
- Robb StarkRobb Stark is the eldest son of Eddard and Catelyn Stark. He becomes the King when war erupts but gets defeated after a crushing betrayal.
- Robert BaratheonRobert Baratheon, the Demon of the Trident, was the seventeenth King of the Seven Kingdoms who dethroned Aerys II Targaryen during a rebellion.
- Rodrik CasselThough a fierce warrior, Rodrik Cassel is compassionate and kind to his enemies. He trained Robb, Jon Snow, and the ironborn Theon Greyjoy.
- Roose BoltonLord Roose Bolton is the head of House Bolton, the former ruling great house of the North, and the Lord of the Dreadfort.
- Salladhor SaanSalladhor Saan is from the Saan family, a house of Valyrian descent, and calls himself the Prince of the Narrow Sea.
- Samwell TarlyAnnoyed at his softness, Randyll tried many methods to make Samwell Tarly become manly to no avail, and later, he gave up.
- Sandor Clegane (the Hound)Sandor Clegane, also known as the Hound, left House Clegane when his brother came of inheritance and instead fervently started serving the Lannisters.
- Sansa StarkAs a young and naive girl, Sansa Stark gets infatuated with Prince Joffrey Baratheon, King Robert Baratheon's heir.
- Selyse BaratheonSelyse Baratheon is a cold-hearted queen and fanatic believer in Melisandre, the red priestess of R'hllor. Learn more about her.
- Ser Addam MarbrandSer Addam Marbrand is an incredibly skilled commander and horseman who instilled men's faith in him.
- ShaeBeing a beautiful woman, Shae catches the eyes of Tyrion, and throughout the War of the Five Kings, he stops whoring. However, she betrays him.
- ShaggaShagga and his clansmen waylay Tyrion Lannister after he left the Vale. They agree to fight for him after he promises them riches and weapons.
- SkinchangerA skinchanger is a human with the ability to possess the mind of an animal and control its actions.
- Small PaulSmall Paul is a steward of the Night's Watch. He follows Lord Commander Jeor Mormont on the Great Ranging mission.
- SparrowsThe Sparrows rose during the War of the Five Kings. They populated the Faith and rose to become the dominant religious force in King's Landing.
- Stannis BaratheonStannis Baratheon is King Robert Baratheon's younger brother. He was the master of ships, Lord of Dragonstone, and claimant of the Iron Throne.
- Stone MenThe Stone Men are people infected by the flesh-eating disease Greyscale. They were isolated from the rest of society and had a thriving community.
- Syrio ForelSyrio Forel is a master swordsman of the water dance fighting technique of the Free City of Braavos. He is a proficient and deadly fighter.
- Tears of LysThough unknown if linked to the Weeping Lady of Lys, the Tears of Lys is a poison used to hide suspicion when an assassination attempt gets made.
- The Fist of the First MenThe Fist of the First Men is a hill in the Haunted Forest beyond the Wall. It was crucial to the Night's Watch during the Great Ranging.
- The Long NightThe Long Night happened about eight thousand years before Aegon's Conquest, during the Age of Heroes, and lasted an entire generation.
- The Red WeddingThe Red Wedding massively changed the War of the Five Kings, strengthening the Iron Throne and Housse Lannister's position.
- The Smiling KnightThe Smiling Knight is an unnamed knight who lived and died before Robert Baratheon's ascension to the Iron Throne.
- The TridentThe Trident is a big river with three primary feeders, the Red Fork, the Blue Fork, and the Green Fork.
- The ValeThe Vale of Arryn, or as it is also known, the Vale, is one of the constituent regions that make up the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros.
- The WaifAfter leaving Westeros for Essos, Arya arrives at the temple of the Faceless Men. She meets a Kindly Man and the Waif.
- The WallIn Game of Thrones, The Wall serves as the boundary between northern and southern Westeros. It got built to protect humanity from the undead.
- Theon GreyjoyTheon Greyjoy is the son of Balon Greyjoy and heir apparent to the Iron Islands. He lands in trouble with Ramsay when he betrays the Starks.
- Thoros of MyrThoros of Myr is a red priest that serves the Lord of Light, R'hllor. He was born in the free city of Myr in Essos and traveled to Westeros.
- Three-Eyed RavenKnown by the Children of the Forest as the last greenseer, the three-eyed raven could see the past and present using a weirwood tree.
- Tommen BaratheonTommen Baratheon is the last child of King Robert Baratheon and Queen Cersei Lannister. He becomes King after the death of his cruel brother.
- Tyene SandTyene Sand, a quiet but deadly woman, grew up at the Water Gardens and learned the art of poisons from her father, Oberyn.
- Tyrek LannisterTyrek Lannister is Ser Jaime Lannister's cousin. His father is Tygett, a knight of House Lannister, and Lord Tywin Lannister's brother.
- Tyrion LannisterBecause Tyrion Lannister was born a dwarf, he did not get the same respect as Ser Jaime Lannister, his brother, or any prominent Lannister.
- Tywin LannisterLord Tywin Lannister was the Lord of Casterly Rock and head of House Lannister. He served as the Hand of the King to King Aerys II Targaryen.
- UnsulliedThe Unsullied are slave soldiers who get castrated at a young age. They get trained to be fearlessly merciless and incredibly skilled.
- Valar MorghulisUsed throughout the Free Cities of Essos, Valar Morghulis became one of the most popular phrases in the known world.
- ValyriaDuring the height of its reign, Valyria was an unstoppable force that pummeled all its opposers to ash.
- Valyrian SteelValyrian steel is steel from the Valyrian Freehold. Because of the use of magic in its forging process, it got used for making many tools.
- Vargo HoatThough Vargo Hoat is a minor character in the overall story of A Song of Ice and Fire, he impacted the events that happened in the Riverlands.
- Lord VarysVarys is a eunuch who started as a poor slave in Essos. After meeting Illyrio Mopatis, he became one of the wealthiest men in Pentos.
- Vayon PooleVayon Poole is a member of House Poole. His daughter, Jeyne Poole, is Sansa Stark's best friend.
- Victarion GreyjoyFaithfully serving Balon, Victarion Greyjoy rode to many battles at sea for the Iron Islands. However, he got betrayed by his brother and men.
- Viserys TargaryenTo save him from the carnage in Westeros, Aerys sends Viserys Targaryen and his mother to Dragonstone, where she conceives Daenerys.
- VolantisVolantis, or Old Volantis, is one of the oldest existing cities on the continent of Essos. As one of the richest, proudest, and most senior of the nine free cities, it has a rich and deep history that began after the fall of the Old Empire of Ghis.
- Walder FreyWalder Frey is a cold-hearted man with more than 20 children. He becomes the final piece that destroys the Starks.
- WargA warg, skinchanger, or beastling is someone with the ability to enter the body and mind of an animal and control its perceptions and actions.
- Waymar RoyceSer Waymar Royce was a sworn brother of the Night's Watch and a former knight of House Royce.
- WeirwoodWeirwood trees were sacred to the Children of the Forest. They used it for religious, medicinal, and construction purposes.
- WildlingsThough disorganized, most of the Free Folk, wildlings, worship the Old Gods of the Forest and share a common enemy, the Night's Watch.
- Will: The Ranger of the Night's WatchBefore becoming a Ranger of the Night's Watch, Will was a poacher who hunted for wild endangered animals.
- WinterfellConstructed by Brandon the Builder, the famed creator of House Stark, Winterfell was a fortress for the Starks for 8000 years until the War of the Five Kings.
- Wylla ManderlyWylla Manderly was the granddaughter of Lord Wyman Manderly. She spoke against the Freys in the Merman's Court.
- Wyman ManderlyWyman Manderly is the Lord of White Harbor and the head of House Manderly. He holds many honorary titles.
- YgritteYgritte is a spearwife and a woman of the free folk. She becomes Jon Snow's lover when he enters the camp of the wildlings as a spy.
- YunkaiYunkai is one of the great Ghiscari city-states of Slaver's Bay in central Essos. It has a terrible reputation for its dealings in slavery.