- Airstrip OneIn George Orwell’s 1984, Airstrip One is a province. It is part of the larger nation of Oceania.
- Big BrotherBig Brother is a character and symbol from George Orwell’s '1984.' He is the leader of Oceania.
- DoublethinkThe term “doublethink,” as first seen in George Orwell’s '1984,' is used to describe one’s capacity to hold two contradictory beliefs at one time.
- Floating FortressThe floating fortress is a military base mentioned in George Orwell’s '1984.' These are stations that Oceania uses to protect its territories or encroach on lands that belong to Eastasia and Eurasia.
- Hate WeekHate Week is a week of events that are designed to make the citizens of Oceania feel as much hate as possible towards certain enemies in George Orwell’s '1984.'
- INGSOCINGSOC, or English Socialism, is the totalitarian political party of Oceania, in George Orwell’s '1984.'
- Inner PartyThe Inner Party is the top two percent of citizens from Oceania in George Orwell’s 1984.
- Junior Anti-Sex LeagueThe Junior Anti-Sex League is a fictional organization featured in George Orwell’s '1984' that's working to end all sexual intercourse.
- Memory HoleThe memory hole is a term that comes from George Orwell’s 1984. It refers to a hole in the wall into which paper and photographs are destroyed.
- The Ministry of PeaceThe Ministry of Peace is a governmental organization in '1984' by George Orwell. It is in charge of the war effort.
- The Ministry of PlentyThe Ministry of Plenty is one of the four ministries that are responsible for running Oceania in George Orwell’s 1984.
- Ministry of TruthThe Ministry of Truth is one of four ministries in Oceania in George Orwell’s novel '1984.'
- NewspeakNewspeak is the fictional language Orwell invented for his novel 1984. It is used to control what people are capable of thinking.
- PornosecPornosec is a division of the Ministry of Truth in George Orwell’s novel '1984.'
- Room 101Room 101 is the designation of a particularly awful torture chamber within the Ministry of Love in '1984.'
- SpeakwriteThe speakwrite is a device that was invented by George Orwell for his novel, '1984.' It is used instead of physical writing.
- TelescreenThe telescreen is a device used in '1984' by George Orwell. It has the appearance of a dulled mirror and is usually part of the wall. It also allows the Thought Police to monitor Party members.
- Theory and Practice of Oligarchical Collectivism'The Theory and Practice of Oligarchical Collectivism' is a fictional novel featured in George Orwell’s 1984.
- Thought PoliceThe Thought Police, or Thinkpol, are the group responsible for the detection of thoughtcrime within Oceania in George Orwell’s '1984. '
- ThoughtcrimeThroughtcrime a term used throughout Orwell’s 1984. It is defined as thoughts that go against the political ideology of the Party.
- UnpersonThe term “unperson” first appeared in George Orwell’s '1984.' It refers to someone whose existence is denied due to a political or ideological crime.