Jackie Hill Perry was born on June 21, 1989. Her father was not a consistent parent, so she grew up with her mother in Louis, Missouri, United States.
Jackie Hill is famous for her teachings on Christianity using poems, hip-hop, and books. Her testimony of deliverance from lesbianism is so powerful and inspiring. Her preaching of the word of God using poetry started a little while after she became a Christian.
- Jackie Hill Perry was born on June 21, 1989.
- Her zodiac sign is Cancer.
- Jackie Hill was born in St. Louis, Missouri, United States.
- Jackie Hill Perry is a poet, writer, and hip-hop artist.
- Jackie Hill Perry is married to Preston Perry, and they have four children.
- Jackie Hill used to be a lesbian.
- She encountered sexual abuse as a child.
- Jackie Hill performed her first spoken word piece at a poetry conference in 2010.
- She struggled with drugs and pornography addiction.
- Her husband proposed to her through a spoken word poem titled ‘The Covenant’.
- Mali Music, Propaganda, and Ebony Moore influenced her.
- She recently deactivated her Twitter account.
Books Written by Jackie Hill Perry
As a spoken word artist, Jackie Hill Perry possesses the ability to construct words brilliantly. Her message is usually directed to believers who are interested in spiritual growth.
- ‘Gay Girl Good God: The Story of Who I Was, and Who God Has Always Been’ is Jackie Hill Perry’s first book. Using her life experiences, Jackie preaches the gospel of Jesus Christ. She opens the reader to her stance on homosexuality and implores Christians to be less judgemental. This inspiring book presents a guideline on the importance of choosing God instead of worldly pleasure.
- ‘Jude -Teen Girls’ Bible Study Book: Contending for the Faith in Today’s Culture’ was originally published in 2019. It talks about the expectations of God in a world filled with unbelievers. The book of Jude is often overlooked but is important in today’s society. The guide contains seven sessions and a personal study between group sessions. The author plunges into themes about God’s calling and love. She says that love is shown when believers share the whole gospel with others and not just some parts of the gospel.
- ‘Holier Than Thou: How God’s Holiness Helps Us Trust Him‘ is another of Jackie’s works. In this book, published in 2021, the author talks about experiencing God’s Holiness. God’s holiness prevents Him from sinning against us, and so it is safe to trust him. This book contains six chapters, and the author leads her readers through an argument based on the Scripture. She suggests that holiness is the foundation
After being born in 1898, Jackie Hill Perry was raised without a father and experienced sexual abuse at five years. She attended church until she was ten years old and got most of her Bible knowledge from there.
At school, Jackie Hill faced bullying and barely got any attention from the boys in her class. She believed she should have been born a boy and began to exhibit masculine traits. She also discovered she was attracted to girls but did not pursue a relationship with them till she turned seventeen. The second girl she dated suggested dressing as a stud to her. Taking up the stud role brought her more female attention. Asides from lesbianism, Jackie Hill was addicted to drugs and pornography. She, however, surrendered her life to Christ in October 2008.
Following this event, she broke up with her girlfriend and returned to the church. She also met with other Christians whom she shared her testimony with and turned to the writing of poems to express herself. In 2010, she performed her first spoken word presentation. At one of those presentations, she met Preston Perry. They fell in love and got married in March 2014.
Jackie Hill names Pastor John Piper as her major religious influence. She has been a guest artist on lots of Christian hip-hop recordings. Her debut album titled ‘The Art of Joy‘ was produced by Beautiful Eulogy and was released on November 4, 2014. Jackie Hill Perry is a staff member of the Legacy Ministry movement.
She began a podcast with her husband called ‘Thirty Minutes with the Perrys’. This podcast discusses matters that include: politics, race, Christianity, relationships, and family. Jackie Hill Perry is currently a graduate of a local private school.
Literature by Jackie Hill Perry
Explore literature by Jackie Hill Perry below, created by the team at Book Analysis.